With the continuing expansion of our certification programs, CCIL requires lab inspectors in both Eastern and Western Canada.
These are part-time, employee positions with possible flexibility in the workload to be determined in consultation with the CCIL Certification Program Manager. The positions require extensive laboratory materials testing background.
Direct enquiries and email your resume to CCIL Certification Program Manager at email@example.com
Reporting to the CCIL Certification Program Manager, you will be responsible for the inspection of CCIL certified testing laboratories and the administration/evaluation of technician certification exams for testing staff. Duties require travel, which may at times be out of the province. It also requires use of a home office and a personal vehicle. Currently, the work has a hybrid on-site and virtual format.
- Inspection of CCIL certified testing laboratories, as may be assigned.
- Administering and evaluating practical tests and written examinations relating to certification of laboratory testing staff.
- Scheduling your own work hours in co-ordination with laboratories to be inspected.
- Preparing and submitting lab inspection reports, technician certification records and other related certification documents.
- Other duties as assigned by the CCIL Certification Program Manager.
- Practical, hands-on laboratory testing experience in one or more areas of asphalt, aggregates and concrete.
- Familiarity with current ISO 17025 standards and Quality Management Procedures.
- Experience with field and laboratory testing personnel training.
- Experience dealing with outside agencies, i. e., consultants, contractors, and government agencies.
- Previous CCIL technician certification is an asset.
- Experience as laboratory supervisor and/or supervising professional/engineering manager for a CCIL certified laboratory is an asset.
Hourly Pay: $40-$45 per hour
- MS Office; Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams.
- Ability and willingness to learn online software applications for submitting reports and administering technician certification exams.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good planning, organization, and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Team player, ability to work well with people and provide guidance for accessing exam software during on-line meetings.
- Attention to details.