- Value – $1000 per award / calendar year
- Graduating high school students and only those who have been accepted into a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics program at a recognized Canadian university or college
- Eligibility is restricted to employees of Canadian Council of Independent Laboratories member firms or children of these employees
- Academic performance (grades)
- Leadership demonstrated through extra-curricular involvement or volunteer activities within the community or school
- The applicant must write an essay no more than 500 words about how the award will benefit them in their continuous studies or their career aspirations. If the student is the successful recipient, the student agrees that excerpts from the essay may be used by CCIL for the purposes of promoting our award program in public forums. The recipient must provide a release allowing CCIL to post the acknowledgement in media / social media. The recipient may provide a release for the use of their photo.
- Provide acceptance letter from post secondary institution and reference letter (from teacher or alternate)
- Send completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org