The Conformity Assessment (CA) Division of CCIL represents the interests of private sector conformity assessment laboratories in Canada.
Conformity assessment includes processes to demonstrate that a product or system meets the requirements of a standard. These processes include testing, inspection, field evaluation, and certification.
The member firms offer a broad range of services to manufacturers and industrial clients in the following industries:
- Building Materials
- Consumer Goods
- Electrical and Electronics
- Medical Devices
- Military and Defence
- Renewable Energy
The types of testing, inspection and certification include the following:
- Electrical testing, including product safety evaluation and certification, emissions and susceptibility testing and efficiency testing
- Environmental simulation testing, including temperature, humidity, rain, sun and corrosion testing
- Hazardous locations testing and certification which demonstrates that equipment can be used safely in explosive atmospheres
- Mechanical testing, including strength of materials determination, impact and vibration testing, and acoustical testing
- Performance and durability testing under varying environmental conditions, and material failure analysis